Monday, January 22, 2007

TITANIUM

Got a set of the Eastern Ti bars in last week and mounted them. I ride for fun and am not the hucker/tosser type of rider so I wasn't too worried about bending bars. Plus super butted steel isn't much tougher then Ti (if at all). The bars are straight gauge and considerably thicker then my old color bars at the ends (and I would imagine all the way through).

Now the good stuff, the things are 14oz, which is awesome, everything is quicker, half cabs are awesome, and spins are more fun. Also the obvious of being able to hop higher. I have chunked them a few times so far with no problems, we will see how they last though. The rise and sweep are really nice, and all else aside I really like their shape. Photos soon, and lets hope they work out well, bike is 21.5lbs now. Oh the only downfall, they are expensive as hell, $130.00, if you tear up bars, avoid these unless you have some extra cash burning a hole in your pocket. The other bad part, they really make me want to try that damn Ti Grim Reaper... although it just doesn't make much if any sense with the complete and utter lack of warranty. Although, since Ti is pretty easily repairable a new tube or weld is far from out of the question.

No comments: