Monday, January 8, 2007

G Sport Plegs... Almost here


I really can't wait for these things to show up. Plastics have made huge leaps in the last few years, so it is no surprise that G Sport decided to produce a non sleeved peg. The second these come in, a few pairs will be on the way. Demolition has the new version of the DumChucks which were recalled earlier this year due to some cracking and should be back in stock within the next week or two. Hopefully about time to compare the two systems. The only concern is size, both are relatively large, which keeps the frame out of the way, however with compact dropouts and tight fork clearances this could pose to be a serious problem.

I have a feeling the plegs are a step in the right direction, sleeved pegs work great most the time, however from a feel standpoint I enjoy a non sleeved version. It also makes the system much easier to replace. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe the DumChucks are replaceable (at least easily). All I can say is HURRY!

No comments: